FRSES 2020 Photo Contest
Submit a photo to the FRSES Photo Contest! This informal contest is a fun way to show us where you’ve been and what you’ve done in your experiences conducting ecological research. Prizes will be awarded to the best photos in each category. Photos will be on display throughout the day on Wednesday in the ballroom. Check out our past years’ galleries to review previous submissions.
Best Study Organism
Best Research in Action
Contest guidelines and entry procedure:
1) You must be an attendee or presenter at FRSES to enter the photo contest. One entry per person.
2) Photos directly related to your research or fieldwork experiences are preferred.
3) The deadline to submit your photo is Tuesday, February 18.
4) Submit your photo via an email attachment to email@example.com. Please include your name, the date and location of the photo, and a photo caption in the body of the email.
5) Ballot box voting by FRSES participants will determine the winners. Photos will remain anonymous until voting is complete.
1) Recommended image resolution: 1143 x 1600 pixels for 5″ x 7″ prints (although most lower resolution photos will still look pretty good, down to about 750 x 1050 pixels).
2) Emailed file size is limited to 3MB (due to system limitations this is a pretty strict limit, please stay below the 3MB threshold, sorry).
3) Use your name for the file name (e.g., firstname_lastname.jpg) so we can keep track of your submission.
4) Photos will be printed at 300 DPI on 5″x7″ Lustre paper using the sRGB colorspace. Captions will be printed and hung alongside photos.
Terms and conditions:
By submitting your entry to the FRSES Photo Contest, you agree that all digital images received become the property of FRSES. These images may be used by FRSES for our website, advertising, or other symposium promotions, but will not be distributed or published for any other purpose without the author’s permission.